Notice on Academic Year 2022 / 2023 International Students’ Annual Review of China University of Geosciences
According to the relevant regulations of China Scholarship Council (CSC) and China University of Geosciences (CUG), the Academic Year 2022/2023 international students’ annual review is about to start. All the CUG international students (including CSC scholarship students, Presidential scholarship students, self-supported students, etc.) must participate in this annual review and will be reviewed from ideological moral behaviour, educational performance, learning (scientific research) attitude and activity performance, and only those who pass the annual review will have the qualification to continue their study in the next academic year. Related items on the annual review are as follows:
(1) International students who will continue their study in CUG as scheduled since September 2022;
(2) International Students who should graduate in July 2022 as planned, but will plan to apply for study extension and meet the extension requirements;
(3) The CSC scholarship students who is terminated 2021 CSC scholarship who failed to pass the last annual review of 2021.
2. Review Content
(1) This annual review work will be conducted based on the Ideological Moral Behaviour (30 points ), Educational Performance and Learning (Scientific Research) Attitude (50 points) and Activity Performance (20 points), with the total points of 100.
(2) The evaluation opinions are divided into two types: qualified and unqualified. Those with a total score of 60 or above will be regarded as qualified. For those students who are not qualified for Chinese government scholarships, the State Scholarship Council will suspend or cancel their scholarships. For unqualified non-Chinese government scholarship students, the school will cancel their study qualification.
3. Review Instruction
CUG attaches great importance to the annual review of international students. According to the different learning categories, training methods and training objectives of students, four review measures for different study levels have been introduced, namely, Annual Review Measure for Chinese Government Scholarship International Students of preparatory students, undergraduates, Chinese language students and graduate students. ( Appendix 1)
* Chinese government scholarship students are required to complete this annual review in “Chinese government scholarship management information system.
* Non-Chinese government scholarship students are required to follow the Chinese government scholarship annual review measures of different study levels, and submit review form to tutors. ( Appendix 2 )
* Paper materials will not be accepted for this review, and students can get the relevant documents including transcripts from tutor. ( Appendix 3 )
4. Review procedure and schedule
According to the requirement of CSC, there are three review steps of this annual review: Student Self-Evaluation, Evaluation by Supervisor/Tutor/headteacher, Comprehensive Evaluation by University:
(1) Students Self-Evaluation: Chinese government scholarship students can log in studyinchina.csc.edu.cn by CSC NO., and enter “Annual Review of Scholarship”. carefully fill and upload related materials and then submit. Students should complete self-evaluation before 17: 00 (Beijing time) on May 8, 2022. (Appendix 4)
(2) Evaluation by Supervisor/Tutor/headteacher: During review, CSC will distribute temporary user name and password of review system (studyinchina.csc.edu.cn) to international students’ supervisors, tutors, and headteachers, and password can be reset after receiving email, and enter “Scholarship Student Evaluation”, give quantitative score and qualitative evaluation based on the students’ performances of last year, and then “Submit”. Supervisor/Tutor/headteacher should submit before 17:00 (Beijing Time) on May 13, 2022.
(3) Comprehensive Evaluation by University: The International Education College founds Review Leadership Working Group, and set review committee. Based on Students Self-Evaluation and Evaluation by Supervisor/Tutor/headteacher, the committee will give Comprehensive Evaluation of “qualified” or “unqualified”, and submit to CSC.
(4) The final result of this annual review of Chinese Government Scholarship Students will be decided and replied by the CSC.
(1) International students who fails to participate in the annual review within the stipulated time will be disqualified from studying at CUG, and the scholarship qualification will be terminated at the same time.
(2) International students must ensure the authenticity of the materials submitted. Those who provide fictitious materials will be disqualified from studying at CUG, and the scholarship qualification will be terminated at the same time.
International Education College
China University of Geosciences
April 24, 2022